Are you looking for ways to improve your study habits? Do you want better grades? StudyUp can help you study smarter. You get unlimited space to upload your notes. You can use StudyUp to search for, invite, and network with your Study Buddies. Live feeds give you instant updates when Buddies add notes! Best of - it's all FREE! Sign Up Today!
- Online Schools
- Online Education
- Distance Learning
- Science Fair
- Science Careers
- Business Careers
- Medicine Careers
- Accounting Careers
- Engineering Careers
- Nursing Careers
- Case Study
- Middle School
- High School
- Lesson Plans
Join StudyUp.com Today
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
You Recently Visited
Science Worksheets For Kids
Need Science Worksheets For Kids Study Help?
StudyUp can help improve your grades by enabling you to store all of your notes online, and network with other students - all for FREE!
Billie Said:High School Physical Science. Help please!?
We Answered:1. Nonpolar
3. solute, temperature
5. insoluble ion
7. Nature of solute and solvent determines solubility: Polar (+end and -end) substances will dissolve other polar substances as well as ionic substances (ionics have + and - ions). Non polar (symmetrical molecules) will only dissolve in other nonpolar substances. Ionic or polar will not dissolve nonpolar.
8. Nonpolar solvents are flammable, volatile, and toxic.
9. Supersaturated solution: In this solution, there is more solute dissolved than should be allowed to dissolve. If you add more solute, all of the excess solute will come out of the solution.
10. Dissolving a solute in water lowers its freezing point. Ionic substances like salt lower the freezing point more than covalents due to dissociation of ions.
11. Dissolving a solute in water raises its boiling point. Ionic substances like salt raise the boiling point of water so you can raise the heat of water without boiling it and also cook the pasta at the same time.