Related Articles


Related Categories


Recently Added


Join Today

It's always free and anyone can join!

Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now

You Recently Visited

Studies In Usa

Brandon Said:

American Studies with Film Studies? USA/CANADA?

We Answered:

Well I am going to go to Portland State University to major in Film and minor in professional writing. It's their first year of having Film Studies, but it is a pretty good university.
Also Academy of Art University in San Francisco has a good production program, but if you want film studies I think the main places are Yale, Berekeley and well I'm not sure what else.

Stacey Said:

Does the Gurkha army accept Nepalese people who studies in USA and not the UK? Becuase the Gurkhas are in UK?

We Answered:

yes so go for it son

Annette Said:

What is the duration of medical studies in USA?

We Answered:

4 years for your undergraduate college degree.
4 years of medical school.
For your residency, the minimum is 3 years for a family doctor or pediatrician, longer for specialties.

This is if you get through college and medical school in 4 years...lots of people take longer.

Harvey Said:

Can i study and at the same time earn money for my studies in USA?

We Answered:

As a general rule, foreign students are not authorized to work while in the U.S. There are, however, some exceptions to this rule:

On Campus Employment

Two types of on campus employment are allowed without explicit INS authorization. These are:

1.On campus employment that will not displace a U.S. resident
2. On campus employment as part of a scholarship, fellowship, post-doctoral appointment, etc.

For the first type, the issue will be whether a US worker will be displaced. Whether this is the case is left by and large to the school. . While school is in session the student cannot work more than 20 hours per week, although during vacations the student may work full-time.

The second type of preauthorized employment, when it is part of a scholarship, etc., is considered part of the academic program. While the work must be "on-campus," INS regulations allow work at some off- campus locations. There are two primary situations when this is the case. First, if the workplace is "educationally related" to the school, it is considered on-campus. Second, a workplace that is "educationally affiliated" with the school is considered on-campus. This covers situations in which the student is conducting research with a professor who has a research grant that does not come from the school. Again, the student cannot work more than 20 hours a week while school is in session, but can work full time during vacations.

Beginning June 10, 1998, the INS has allowed students from certain designated countries to work on campus more than 20 hours a week without express INS authorization. These countries -- Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines -- were among the hardest hit by the recent Asian financial crisis, and the INS rule recognizes that they may not have the same access to family funds as they did when first coming to study. The student must prove to the school's designated student officer that they will suffer extreme economic hardship if not allowed to work more than 20 hours. The officer will make a note of this on the I-20. Such students are also allowed to reduce their course load and still maintain their F-1 status.

talk to your university - for advice - do not take any employment or take any rash decisions - because it will be to your undoing if you go against these rules.

Donna Said:

Which college can i apply to get scholarship or financial aid for my studies in USA?

We Answered:

Contact the school you plan to attend and talk to thier financial aid officer they'll tell you your options.

Discuss It!